Dr. Meg Lachmar is an Assistant Professor for HDFS in the Marriage and Family Therapy program. Her research focuses on the prevention of perinatal mood disorders through collaboration with medical systems.
- PhD in Couple and Family Therapy, Michigan State University, 2019
- MS in Marriage and Family Therapy, Utah State University, 2015
- BS in Family, Consumer, and Human Development, Utah State University, 2013
I conduct research on the prevention of perinatal mood disorders through collaboration with medical systems. My work includes:
- Perinatal anxiety screening and management implementation in family medicine and OB/GYN clinics
- Virtual agent technology development for the screening of perinatal anxiety and depression
- Brief multimedia intervention for couples during the transition to parenthood
Dr. Lachmar is accepting graduate students.