Family and Human Development Minor
Effective Summary 2014 - 15 Credits
The minor in Family and Human Development (FHD) is designed to provide a knowledge base for understanding families and human development in order to enhance the training of majors in other academic disciplines.
- A grade of C or better is required in coursework for the FHD minor.
- A 3.0 GPA in the FHD minor coursework is also required.
- No more than 6 transfer credits may be used toward the FHD minor.
- Students applying for an FHD minor at USU, but transferring courses from other universities, must complete a minimum of three USU HDFS courses in order to earn an FHD minor.
- Courses counted toward the minor may not be taken Pass-Fail.
Required Courses (6 credits)
- HDFS 1500 (BSS) Human Development Across the Lifespan (F, Sp)
- HDFS 2400 (BSS) Marriage and Family Relationships (F, Sp)
Elective Courses (9 credits)
- HDFS 2660 Parenting and Child Guidance (F, Sp)
- HDFS 3100 Abuse and Neglect in Family Context (Sp)) Sophomore standing, HDFS 1500, 2400
- HDFS 3110 Human Sexuality (F) Junior standing, HDFS 1500, 2400, ENGL 2010
- HDFS 3500 Infancy and Early Childhood (F, Sp) Junior standing, HDFS 1500, 2660
- HDFS 3570 Youth and Adolescence (F, Sp) Junior standing, HDFS 1500
- HDFS 3540 Adult Development and Aging (Sp) Junior standing, HDFS 1500
- HDFS 4220 Family Crises and Interventions (F) Junior standing, HDFS 2400
- HDFS 4230 Family and Social Policy (F, Sp) Junior standing, HDFS 2400
- HDFS 4240 Social and Family Gerontology (F) Junior standing, HDFS 2400
- Any HDFS course not listed above cannot be used to fulfill requirements for the minor.
- Junior standing = 60 earned credits
- (F) Traditionally taught Fall semester
- (F, Sp) Traditionally taught Fall and Spring semester
Family Finance Minor
- A grade of C or better is required in the minor coursework
- A 3.0 GPA is required in the minor coursework
- No more than 6 transfer credits may be used toward the minor
- Courses counted toward the minor may not be taken Pass-Fail
Required Courses (15 credits)
- HDFS 2450 (BSS) Consumer and Family Economic Issues (F, Sp)
- HDFS 3350 Family Finance (DSS) (F, Sp, Su)
- HDFS 3450 Consumer Credit Problems (F) Prereq: HDFS 3350)
- HDFS 4350 Advanced Family Finance (F) (Prereq: HDFS 3350)
- HDFS 5340 Housing Finance and Regulations (Sp) (Prereq: HDFS 3350)
- Laura Holley
- FL 205A